The Mission of SSCC Theatre is to provide our students knowledge and skills in the dramatic arts through classroom instruction and a professional production process. Community involvement is a welcome component of SSCC Theatre, and this collaboration of students and community members on the stage and behind the scenes fosters the quality performances so valued by our audiences. In conjunction with Southern State Community College’s Strategic Vision, SSCC Theatre strives to be a “first choice” theatre for our students, community artists, and patrons.
SSCC Theatre strives for the following goals, on stage and in the classroom:
- To teach theatre as an important part of a community college education.
- To provide hands-on learning experiences in all areas of theatrical production.
- To provide a diverse theatre season designed to educate, entertain, and enhance the cultural life of our students, ensemble members, and audiences.
- To offer local quality theatre at an affordable price.
- To provide opportunities for students and community artists to develop creativity and professionalism.
SSCC Theatre produces three main stage productions a year. Typically these productions are in the fall, spring and summer.
All main stage productions utilize involvement from the school’s students and faculty as well as community members.